Plastic Surgery Practice recently spoke to experts at The Skin Center in Philadelphia about popular dermal filler trends they’re seeing patients for. Following the nationwide trend, The Skin Center has seen an increase in patients of all ages interested in using dermal fillers for different reasons, depending on their unique needs and age. 20-somethings may be looking for lip filler, while an aging patient may be more interested in a liquid facelift to help combat the signs of aging. Learn about the top five dermal fillers trends below.
- Liquid facelift. Most popular among baby boomers, a liquid facelift is a simple way to get the look a traditional facelift may be able to provide without needing to go under the knife. This treatment typically includes a series of injections in one sitting to different areas of the face to address specific concerns across the face. These concerns may include creases around the nose and mouth and sagging in the cheek area.
- Lip filler to plump and hydrate the lips. A small amount of hyaluronic acid filler can deliver natural and beautiful results for patients seeking more defined lips.
- Facial contouring. Filler carefully injected into different areas of the face, including the cheekbones, nose, or chin, can help lift or restore balance and symmetry to the face.
- Defining the jawline. More defined jawlines are in, and dermal fillers are a great way to help with this. In some patients, sharpening the jawline can even lead to a reduced appearance of jowls.
- Go makeup-free more often. Many patients desire to wear less makeup, especially throughout the hot, humid summer months. The most popular dermal fillers are made with hyaluronic acid, a substance our bodies produce naturally. Hyaluronic acid attracts water and helps keep our skin hydrated. Our body’s natural hyaluronic acid decreases as we age, which is why dermal fillers are popular for aging patients. “In addition to providing lift and volume where needed, fillers can also help hydrate and firm the skin, giving a natural glow without makeup,” explains Rachel Gill of The Skin Center.
If you’re looking for a dermal filler treatment in Nashville for any of the above reasons, or one unique to you, the experts at Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery are here to help. Schedule a consultation at our Green Hills office today!