American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc.
Medical Doctor | State of Tennessee | Active
- 2016-17 Best Cosmetic Surgeon, The Tennessean TOAST Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2016-17 Top Doctors, Nashville Lifestyles Magazine
- 2016-17 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2016 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2015-16 RealSelf 100 Award
- 2016 American Institute of Plastic Surgeons 10 Best Award for Client Satisfaction
- 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1% 2016
- 2015 Best Cosmetic Surgeon, The Tennessean Toast of Music City, 3rd Place
- 2015 Health Care Heroes Award, Nashville Business Journal
- 2014 Top 100 Social Influencers in Cosmetic Medicine, Real Self
- 2014 The Best of Business Nashville Award to Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery
- 2014 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2014 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2014 Top 10 Doctor Award
- 2014-15 Regional Top Doctor Award
- 2014 Top Doctor LocateADoc.com
- 2014-15 Leading Physicians of the World
- 2013-14 Most Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2013 Peer Reviewed Physicians Award
- 2012-16 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award, 5 Year Honoree
- 2009-13 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2008 Five Star Award for Patient Care, Professional Research Consultants
- 2007 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2006 Top Scoring Physician for Overall Quality of Doctor Care
J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS
Dr. Jason Wendel is a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery and advanced laser procedures in Nashville, TN. Dr. Wendel has earned numerous awards and honors, having recently been recognized as a “Top Social Influencer in Cosmetic Medicine” by RealSelf and was one of 100 doctors in the nation to receive the prestigious RealSelf 100 Award for 2016. In 2017 he won the “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” title for the second consecutive year in The Tennessean’s TOAST Readers’ Choice Awards. He has also been nominated as “Best Doctor for a Nip and Tuck” in Nashville Scene‘s Best of Nashville 2016 poll, and he was recognized as a Top Doctor of 2016 by Nashville Lifestyles magazine. Dr. Wendel is a seasoned plastic surgeon and is well sought after in Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region.
With 15 years of experience, Dr. Wendel has a reputation for providing excellent care and amazing results, offering his patients the most up-to-date in minimally invasive plastic surgery procedures in a safe and friendly environment. Patients come to see him from all across Tennessee, from many other states around the U.S. and from other countries.
Dr. Wendel graduated with high honors from Wabash College in Crawfordsville, IN and received his M.D. from the Indiana University School of Medicine where he was elected membership into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society. He completed his General Surgery prerequisite training at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. His Plastic Surgery Fellowship took place at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI.
Throughout his career, Dr. Wendel has been the recipient of many awards for his outstanding patient care and surgical excellence. He writes expert questions at the National Board of Medical Examiners for Plastic Surgery, and his work has been featured at surgical conferences and in scientific journals. Dr. Wendel continually strives to be the best that he can be and is a leader in plastic surgery.
When not at the office, Dr. Wendel enjoys spending time with his wife Mary Katherine and their son.
Please review a summary of Dr. Wendel’s credentials below. For Dr. Wendel’s full resume, click here.