Dermal fillers and injectables are commonly used to add volume to the lips and face for a more youthful appearance. There are many different types of fillers. The expert team at Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery can help you choose which filler is best for you so you can meet your specific goals. Fillers can also be used for a liquid facelift, liquid rhinoplasty (non surgical nose job) and hand rejuvenation.
BEFORE & AFTER FILLERS
Actual patient of Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery.
FILLERS & COLLAGEN INJECTIONS
Injectable Fillers are products used to help improve the appearance of facial lines, wrinkles and can be used to restore volume and youthfulness to the face. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin or closely under the skin to improve appearance. Fillers can be used to:
- Augment thin lips
- Fill in shallow contours
- Lessen facial lines, creases and wrinkles
- Improve areas of depressed scars or skin
There are many types of injectable fillers which can be classified according to the specific brand or type of filler. The cost of filler varies according to the type of product used and how much product is required to achieve the desired effect. Below are some examples of different types of fillers. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the myriad products on the market. Far and away, the hyaluronic acid-based injectable fillers are the most popular in the United States and have a very high safety profile with a very low risk of allergic reaction.
- Artefill | Bellafill – Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres
- Captique – Hyaluronic Acid
- Cosmoderm – Collagen, human-based
- Cosmoplast – Collagen, human-based
- Cymetra – Collagen, human-based
- Belotero – Hyaluronic Acid
- Elevess – Hyaluronic Acid
- Evolence – Collagen, animal-based
- Fibrel – Collagen gelatin matrix with aminocaproic acid
- HylaForm – Hyaluronic Acid
- Juvederm Ultra XC – Hyaluronic Acid
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC – Hyaluronic Acid
- Juvederm Volbella XC – Hyaluronic Acid
- Juvederm Voluma XC – Hyaluronic Acid
- Prevelle – Hyaluronic Acid
- Radiesse – Calcium Hydroxylapatite
- Restylane – Hyaluronic Acid
- Restylane Defyne – Hyaluronic Acid
- Restylane Lyft – formerly Perlane – Hyaluronic Acid
- Restylane Refyne – Hyaluronic Acid
- Restylane Silk – Hyaluronic Acid
- Sculptra – Poly-L-lactic acid
- Silicone – Silicone, not recommended
- Zyderm – Collagen, animal-based
- Zyplast – Collagen, animal-based
BELLAFIL • BELOTERO BALANCE • PERLANE • RADIESSE • RESTYLANE
We also have access to and can use Bellafill, Belotero Balance, Perlane, Radiesse & Restylane. Each of these products is slightly different in the chemical composition, thickness and pliability. We use different products for different needs in different situations. We can help you determine the best type and the amount of filler you will need to treat your area(s) of concern.
To achieve beautiful results, it is important to choose an experienced, highly-trained professional when getting injectable fillers. The quality of the product used is one thing; the expertise of the injector is another and perhaps even more important. We at Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery are experts in the field of cosmetic medicine and have been doing this for a long time.
Sometimes, when dermal filler is used too close to the surface of the skin, a bluish discoloration can occur. This is called the Tyndall Effect. This skin discoloration can last for several months, or the unwanted filler causing a Tyndall effect can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.
Let us offer a word of caution when considering some of the more permanent, synthetic fillers. The good news is, yes, they last a long time. The bad news: if you get uneven nodules, bumps or don’t like the results, permanent and semi-permanent fillers last a long time. It is difficult to remove these unnatural, permanent types of filler without requiring surgery to remove it. This can lead to scarring and permanent disfigurement.
If you want more permanent results, sometimes plastic surgery is a better option. For example, Dr. Wendel offers the PermaLip lip implant for permanent lip enhancement. Also, structural fat grafting provides a natural, long-lasting alternative to injectable filler.
Please visit our FACE Procedures page to learn more about your surgical options.