Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery accepts most health insurance plans, including Medicare, for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. We do not accept nor does insurance pay for Cosmetic Surgery.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services along with other health insurance companies consider surgery that is intended to improve appearance or boost self esteem as cosmetic surgery. This type of surgery is elective and self pay.
Please call (615) 921-2100 to discuss specific details with one of our team members.
Dr. Wendel has privileges and cares for patients at the following locations:
- Atrium Plastic Surgery Center
- Centennial Medical Center
- Centennial Surgery Center
- Centennial Sarah Cannon Surgery
- Centennial Women & Children’s Hospital
- Nashville Surgery Center
- Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown, formerly Baptist Hospital
- Saint Thomas Hospital West
- Skyline Medical center
- Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital