Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery accepts most commercial health insurance plans for Breast Reconstruction for Breast Cancer. We do not accept nor does insurance pay for Cosmetic Surgery.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services along with other health insurance companies consider surgery that is intended to improve appearance or boost self-esteem as cosmetic surgery. This type of surgery is elective and self-pay. We do not submit claims for these types of surgery to health insurance.
Please call (615) 921-2100 to discuss specific details with one of our team members.
Dr. Wendel has privileges and cares for patients at the following locations:
- Atrium Plastic Surgery Center
- Centennial Medical Center
- Centennial Surgery Center
- Centennial Sarah Cannon Surgery
- Centennial Women & Children’s Hospital
- Cool Springs Surgery Center
- Nashville Surgery Center
- Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown, formerly Baptist Hospital
- Saint Thomas Hospital West
- Skyline Medical center
- Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital