ACNE SCARS TREATMENT
Acne scarring can make people feel self-conscious and negatively impact their self-confidence. These days, there are plenty of options for treating this condition, including fractional laser treatment, injectable fillers and microneedling. Treatments may be used separately, or in combination to achieve the best results. If you need acne scars treatment in Nashville, Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery is here to help.
Some of the most common acne surgeries are excisions, especially for ‘ice pick’ acne scars. These can be performed in Dr. Wendel’s office while the patient is awake.
- During excision, the skin is cut, and the affected area is drained
- Once it is drained, the blemish can begin to heal
FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT
Fractional laser treatment is a non-surgical technique that forces the skin to renew itself.
- Tiny points of powerful light are beamed at the skin
- Some skin between the bursts is left untouched
- The light is sent into the skin without damaging the surface
- There is no downtime with this procedure
- For best results, a series of treatments is needed
- Fractional lasers are safer than earlier models
Microneedling makes the skin look smooth and fresh by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. It is a great option for treating acne-scarred and/or aging skin.
- A handheld device with sterile needles delivers radio frequency waves into the skin
- Energy from the RF waves stimulates collagen and elastin production
- The depth of the needles can be adjusted
- Needles create channels for cosmeceuticals, growth factors and other treatments
Injectables plump up the skin. They fill indentations left by scars from the inside out.
- Hyaluronic fillers like Bellafill, Juvederm or Restylane are commonly used
- The dose of filler will depend on the type and severity of scarring
- The effect lasts for months or up to two years depending on the filler used
- Dermal fillers can stimulate collagen production