So you’ve made an appointment for a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, but now what? At Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery, we understand that a first-time consult can bring about some nerves and unknowns. Here are some things we think you should know before coming in for your first visit:
- Plastic surgery is a serious financial commitment that should be taken seriously and handled accordingly. Make sure to think about if your procedure fits into your budget and ensure it will not cause financial suffering.
- Make sure you have a support system at home for post-procedure care. We consider this vital and hope you will consider this before opting into any procedure.
- Give it serious thought. Ask yourself questions like: Do I want this? And how will my life improve if I have this procedure done?
- Stay focused on the area that bothers you the most. It is okay to address multiple issues in a single consultation. However, by addressing your main concern as a top priority, we can ensure a plan most suited to your needs.
- Set realistic expectations. Many celebrities and influencers post retouched pictures, so if you decide to bring in “inspiration photos,” ensure they’re unaltered. Retouched photos can include results that are impossible to achieve even with multiple surgeries.
- Understand that you may be told “No.” You may have a certain procedure in mind for yourself; however, the experts at Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery may decide that it is not the best course of action to achieve your goals. Understand that we are here to help you achieve the best possible results, which sometimes may mean going in a different direction than you originally thought.
- Come prepared. Make sure you research the procedures you are interested in. Our website has information on each of the procedures that we offer, as well as a resource page for new patients. Come in with a list of questions and bring a notepad to take notes. Be sure to also gather your medical history and a current list of medications to discuss with us. Additionally, bringing photos of yourself at a younger age may be helpful to show us how your facial features may have changed over the years. These photos are especially helpful for facelift patients.
- Consider your health. Ensure both your physical and mental health are in a place where getting plastic surgery done will not affect them negatively.
- Take your time. You don’t have to commit on the day that you come in for your consultation. Feel free to take the time to get to know our expert team and explore all possible options with us to achieve your goals.
We look forward to seeing you in your first consultation with us! If you still need to schedule a consultation, contact us today to get started. We cannot wait to see your beautiful face in our Nashville plastic surgery office!