EYE BAGS TREATMENT
Are you concerned about bags under your eyes? Do they make you look tired? Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery offers different eye bags treatment options that can help improve the appearance of eye bags, including Botox® injections, dermal fillers, and laser resurfacing.
BEFORE & AFTER EYE BAGS TREATMENT
Actual patient of Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery.
PROBLEMS WITH EYE BAGS
When you’re young, waking up with bags under your eyes is usually a temporary problem caused by lack of sleep, overindulgence or an allergic reaction. Swelling in the tissues around the eyes quickly reverses itself. However, as your skin ages and heredity takes its toll, eye bags may become a more permanent part of your look. If eye creams just aren’t doing the trick, don’t panic. Dr. J. J. Wendel’s experienced team can lighten your excess baggage.
WHAT CAUSES EYE BAGS?
Many factors can play a part in the formation of eye bag problems. During the aging process, the skin and muscles that support your eyelids weaken, and fluid may collect around your eyes. Bags on your lower lids can also be due to bulging fatty tissue, loss of facial volume and dropping of the cheek. Upper eyelid bags form when skin loses elasticity and excess tissues begin to sag. Other contributing factors include:
- Long-term use of contact lenses
- Chronic sinus problems
- Hormonal changes
- Skin disorders such as dermatitis
EYE BAGS TREATMENT NASHVILLE: YOUR SURGICAL & NON-SURGICAL OPTIONS
Fortunately, you don’t have to look perpetually exhausted because of eye bags. Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery offers the following effective, safe eye bags treatment options to eliminate chronically puffy, swollen or saggy areas under your eyes.
- Botox® injections may help diminish the appearance of eye bags that are related to repeated muscle contractions and wrinkles in the area under the eyes. The botulinum toxin temporarily paralyzes the muscles responsible for wrinkle formation, producing a smoother appearance.
- Laser treatment can tighten skin around the eyes and lessen the appearance of wrinkles, but it doesn’t address eye bag problems that are caused by fat deposits. However, lasers used in conjunction with surgical treatment can fine-tune results.
- Injectable fillers can lessen the appearance of eye bags when they’re due to lost volume in the area around the eyes and cheeks.
- Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty or eyelid lift, eliminates excess skin, fat deposits, drooping eyelids, puffy areas and dark circles.
- Cheek lifts and other cosmetic surgeries can also be effective.