J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS
Dr. Jason Wendel is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic plastic surgery and advanced Lasers. His practice is located in Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Wendel has been the recent recipient of numerous awards and selected a 2014 "Top Doctor" and "Top Plastic Surgeon" on several "Best Plastic Surgeon" lists. He is a seasoned plastic surgeon and is sought after in Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region.
With 12 years of experience, Dr. Wendel offers his patients the most up-to-date in minimally invasive plastic surgery procedures in a safe and friendly environment. Patients come to see him from all across Tennessee and from many other states around the U.S. and from other countries.
Dr. Wendel graduated with high honors from Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN and received his M.D. from the Indiana University School of Medicine where he was elected membership into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), Honor Medical Society. He completed his General Surgery prerequisite training at the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL. His Plastic Surgery Fellowship took place at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI.
Throughout his career, Dr. Wendel has been the recipient of many awards for his outstanding patient care and surgical excellence. He writes expert questions at the National Board of Medical Examiners for the Plastic Surgery, and his work has been featured at surgical conferences and in scientific journals. Dr. Wendel continually strives to be the best that he can be and is a leader in plastic surgery.
When not at the office, Dr. Wendel enjoys spending time with his wife Mary Katherine, their son, and family dog.
Please review a summary of Dr. Wendel's credentials below. For Dr. Wendel's full resume, click here.
Dr. Wendel | Honors & Awards
- 2015 Best Cosmetic Surgeon, The Tennessean Toast of Music City, 3rd
- 2015 Health Care Heroes Award, Nashville Business Journal
- 2014 Top 100 Social Influencers in Cosmetic Medicine, Real Self
- 2014 The Best of Business Nashville Award to Dr. J. J. Wendel Plastic Surgery
- 2014 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2014 Patients' Choice Award
- 2014 Top 10 Doctor Award
- 2014-15 Regional Top Doctor Award
- 2014 Top Doctor LocateADoc.com
- 2014-15 Leading Physicians of the World
- 2013-14 Most Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2013 Peer Reviewed Physicians Award
- 2012-13 Patients' Choice Award
- 2009-13 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2008 Five Star Award for Patient Care, Professional Research Consultants
- 2007 America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Consumer Research Council
- 2006 Top Scoring Physician for Overall Quality of Doctor Care
Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc.
License: Medical Doctor | State of Tennessee | Active
- Centennial Medical Center
- Centennial Surgery Center
- Centennial Women & Children's Hospital
- Nashville Surgery Center
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, formerly Baptist Hospital
- Saint Thomas West Hospital
- Sarah Cannon Surgery Center
- Skyline Medical Center
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Tennessee Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
As part of a service to the community, Dr. Wendel provides plastic surgery emergency call coverage to several Nashville hospitals. He is a certified provider of Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as instructed by the American Heart Association's current guidelines.
Click here to read Dr. Wendel's full resume.
Follow us on Google Plus: